Flaky, buttery, lemony, scones with fresh blueberries that burst in your mouth with every bite! Is there anything better?
(Recipe adapted from ‘Run Fast. Eat Slow’ cookbook)
1 cup stone-ground cornmeal
1 cup all-purpose flour
¼ cup coconut sugar (or other granulated sugar)
2 teaspoons baking powder
½ teaspoon fine sea salt
1 stick cold unsalted butter
1/3 cup whole milk Greek yogurt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Finely grated zest of 2 lemons
1 cup frozen blueberries
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Mix together the cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder and salt
3. Using your fingers, work the butter into the mixture until it’s the size of peas.
4. In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, yogurt, vanilla, and lemon zest. Fold in the blueberries. The dough will be thick and sticky.
5. Flour a clean surface and roll the dough into a semi-flattened log. Cut the log into triangles and place 2 inches apart on the baking sheet. In the picture above, I simply dropped the batter in large spoonfuls onto the baking sheet.
6. Bake until lightly browned on the bottoms, approximately 15-20 minutes.