These little truffles will easily satisfy your sweet tooth with decadent homemade cinnamon pecan butter coated in dark chocolate.
(Recipe adapted from ‘Run Fast. Eat Slow’ cookbook)
2 cups pecans
10 dates, pitted
½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 tablespoons virgin coconut oil
3 tablespoons maple syrup
3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
1 teaspoon coarse sea salt
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Spread the pecans out on a baking sheet and roast for 8 minutes. Allow the pecans to cool completely.
3. Combine the dates, pecans and cinnamon in a food processor. Blend on high until smooth. Do not over process – you want the pecan butter to be thick!)
4. Use your hands to roll the pecan butter into bite-size balls, and place on baking sheet.
5. To make the coating: place the oil in a microwavable bowl and microwave in increments of 10 seconds, stirring in between, until almost completely melted. Stir in the maple syrup and cocoa powder until smooth.
6. Drop one ball at a time in the chocolate coating and return to the baking sheet. Top each truffle with a small pinch of salt.
7. Place the baking sheet in the fridge for 10-15 minutes or until ready to serve. Store leftovers in fridge or freezer.