These cookies are my favorite part of the holidays- all the delicious flavor and spices without the gluten! (They can also be made with regular flour for non-gluten free cookies)
2 ¼ cups gluten free flour
1 tsp baking soda
½ tsp salt
2 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp ground cinnamon
¼ tsp ground cloves
¼ tsp ground nutmeg
¾ cup unsalted butter, softened
½ cup + 3 Tbsp granulated sugar, divided
½ cup packaged light-brown sugar
1 large egg
¼ cup molasses
2 tsp vanilla extract
3 cups white chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Whisk together flour, baking soda, salt, ginger, cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg. Set aside.
2. In a separate bowl, cream together butter, ½ cup granulated sugar and brown sugar until well blended.
3. Mix in the egg, molasses, and vanilla. Slowly add the dry ingredients and mix until combined. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and chill 1 hour.
4. Scoop dough out and shape into balls, then roll in the remaining 3 Tbsp granulated sugar.
5. Transfer to parchment paper-lined baking sheets, spacing cookies 2 inches apart. Flatten the tops just slightly to evenly level the cookies. Bake in the oven for 8-10 minutes. The cookies turned out best when cooked for the full 10 minutes.
6. Melt the full container of white chocolate melts in a microwave-safe bowl. Stir between 10-second intervals to ensure the white chocolate does not burn.
7. Dip half of each cookie in the melted white chocolate mixture, then run the bottom of the cookie slightly along the edge of the bowl to remove excess chocolate. Return the dipped cookies to the parchment paper.
8. Cut candied ginger into small cubes and sprinkle on top of the white chocolate before it cools.