These little guys are packed with one of natures best ingredients… Hemp hearts! Here’s why:
- high in omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids
- high in protein
- reduces inflammation
- improves sleep
- helps with digestion
- boosts energy
For the filling
3 1/2 cups rice cereal
1/3 cup honey
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cup peanut butter (or alternative nut butter — cashew butter works great!)
1/3 cup hemp seed
For the topping
2 TBS coconut oil
1 TBS cocoa powder
3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 TBS peanut butter (or alternative nut butter — cashew butter works great!)
1. Lightly grease an 8″ x 8″ square baking pan.
2. Melt peanut butter and honey on the stovetop over medium heat. Stir until fully incorporated. Don’t let it burn!
3. Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla extract. Pour in large mixing bowl.
4. Add the crispy rice cereal and hemp hearts. Stir until combined.
5. Pour in the square baking dish. Lightly press down until the top is even.
6. For the topping, melt the coconut oil, chocolate chips, nut butter of choice and cocoa powder in a microwave-safe dish. Remove from microwave in 15-second increments to ensure the mixture does not burn.
7. Pour the warm chocolate topping over the hempies base.
8. Place treats in the freezer for 20 minutes. Remove, cut into bite-size squares, and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.