Yes… you read that right. Homemade, gluten free, vegan, snickers bars! Recipe courtesy of EarthyAndy.com.
1/4 cup virgin coconut oil
3/4 tsp cocoa powder
2 TBS semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Pit dates. Do not fully slice them open when pitting.
2. Spoon peanut butter (or desired nut butter) inside of the date.
3. Sprinkle about 6 slivered almonds inside the date.
4. Microwave virgin coconut oil until melted. Incorporate the cocoa powder while stirring frequently. Add the chocolate chips and continue stirring until fully melted.
5. Close the date so the peanut butter/slivered almond mixture does not ooze out. Dip in melted chocolate using a fork.
6. Drizzle peanut butter (or desired nut butter) on top.
7. Pop in the freezer for a delicious, chewy texture.