Yes… you read that right. Homemade, gluten free, vegan, snickers bars! Recipe courtesy of EarthyAndy.com.
1/4 cup virgin coconut oil
3/4 tsp cocoa powder
2 TBS semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Pit dates. Do not fully slice them open when pitting.
- Spoon peanut butter (or desired nut butter) inside of date.
- Sprinkle about 6 slivered almonds inside the date.
- Microwave virgin coconut oil until melted. Incorporate the cocoa powder while stirring frequently. Add the chocolate chips and continue stirring until fully melted.
- Close the date so the peanut butter/slivered almond mixture does not ooze out. Dip in melted chocolate using a fork.
- Drizzle peanut butter (or desired nut butter) on top.
- Pop in freezer for a delicious, chewy texture.